


The first day of school. How the season brings back so many memories. I can smell the fields we used to walk through on the way to elementary school, the sharp scent of the wheat, the tangy odor of the weeds. Seeing old friends, making new ones.
And now I have two to send off on their own new adventures. Two mold able, loving, happy children who will BOTH be gone all day long. Time whizzes by, and I am not sure I am keeping very good track of what is going on.
So: to remember:
both kids were so excited to wear new shoes to school.
When time came to line up and find a new place to stand, nerves were a little raw.
The last thing I saw as I waved goodbye, was a smile.
waiting on the back porch until we could see them walking over the hill
listening to L.L. Bean walk around the house saying "where hannah?" and then hearing her excitedly shout "HI, Hannah!" as soon as she saw her coming.
Hearing all about new friends, new teachers, going through the lunch line with a sixth grader- to show him the ropes.
Being excited about getting to read to the kindergartners.
Monster puppets and dot to dot, brown paper bag projects- homework on the first night!
It's amazing how big they get, and how fast!

1 comment:
how cute they are! I'm glad you all survived 1st day!!
Post a Comment