Saturday, September 4, 2010

Breathe

I wonder if this is how it feels to drown.


Struggling, you thrash around and just as you break the surface and prepare to take a gasping breath, you are dragged down again.


$300 for dentist visits, car registration due, car inspection needed, and now car repairs- hopefully they'll only cost $500.

only.

Breathe.

It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay. And in the panic of the crashing waves of frustration and discouragement- it's easy to be come disoriented.

Pause. Look. Remember.

Remember we are not alone. Look for the light of hope and faith and realize that you are not drowning. You are standing on solid ground. And Breathe.

1 comment:

bpaulsen said...

dear daughter, you, are built upon the Rock and therefore you will not drown. The waves do crash and they do pound, but they have no power over you because of that Rock upon which you stand.... You... sweet girl, will survive this onslaught and the next until you are prepared in all things to be with Him again...What ever it takes, how long it takes and whatever it costs I know you will do it, because I know YOU... I love you, mom