My kids love to be in the water. Especially my oldest. H. loves the water and spent 90% of our time at the lake in the wet stuff. We gathered for a cousin outing in Herriman. It's a new little swimming "lake" that I think just opened last year. The day we went was really windy and we spent a good part of the day watching other people's blow up toys sail across the lake and up over the retaining wall on the other side. ( I wonder what the neighbors think about living there now?)
It was fun, but I realized that I have been very neglectful as a mother and really need to get them swimming lessons.
At one point C. was in the water with H. and I was talking to them. I turned to check on L.L. Bean and my sister called my name. I turned back around and C. was under the water. Luckily I was only one step away from him and yanked him up, but it was very scary. He had lost his footing and couldn't get his feet back under him. I don't think he swallowed any water or anything, but he didn't get back in the water after that. Hopefully it won't be forever before we can afford to get someone to teach them how to keep afloat.
Other than that though, we had a blast and spent over three hours enjoying the day.
Just what summer is made of.

No comments:
Post a Comment