Monday, June 1, 2009

Gorgeous

Here is my beautiful family. My sweet friend Chantelle (thankfully) wanted a tote bag and offered to take my family's pics in exchange. She found this beautiful spot in the hills behind our house overlooking the Cedar Valley. We just love it here. But, I have to tell ya folks, at first I had a hard time looking beyond myself. All I saw was imperfect hair and a double chin just waiting to bust out and rolls where women don't want rolls and on and on and freckles and on.....
It took some time before I realized what I was doing. I was missing all the beauty. Look at those gorgeous kids, that handsome husband and, dare I say it, look at the lovely wife.
Just look at how these boys love their mother, and how she loves them. Look at the green grass and the thunderclouds and the beauty that is everywhere.
And I almost missed it.
A sister in enrichment shared a quote from a book by Boyd K Packer about women and the point was that as women we spend so much of our lives worried about being "too short, too tall, too skinny, too fat, too curly, too straight, etc." and we miss out on living and doing and being.
So, here's to being "just right".



I think this lovely woman is.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The only picture I could get to enlarge was the one of you and the boys - so sweet! You are right- look how much they love their mom. It made me teary. I'm so glad you got some perspective and can just love the pictures. They are gorgeous, and you look lovely!! I kept meaning to ask you how that went.