I have been mulling over this post for a long time. Every time I think about it, I feel like I need to write it, even though the circumstances that sparked the title are behind us a bit.
I know that only a handful of people even read this blog, but maybe someone out there will find it and take heart.
I have posted about our struggles with our finances and finding ourselves in very humbling circumstances. What I didn't disclose, however is that these circumstances required us to seek assistance from our Bishop at the Bishop's Storehouse. It is very difficult to find yourself in a place where you can't even put food on the table, no matter how hard you are working. But through this experience I have learned a valuable lesson. Everything is God's. No matter how it comes to you, it comes from Him. Whether it comes in the form of a paycheck, or a food order- He is the giver. And we need to be equally humble and grateful- whatever the source. I think as mortals we often give ourselves great credit for all the fabulous things we accomplish. From running races, to making crafts, to earning a comfortable income- we are proud of ourselves and all we have done. As we should be. Unless we fail to give proper credit to Him whose grace allows us to have health to run, creativity and talent to craft, and opportunity to earn a living. It is difficult to learn, and challenging to remember- but once learned we find that no matter how He fulfills His promise to clothe us as the lily of the field, and feed us as the bird in the sky- it is He who provides us all that we need.
So striving every day to live with patience until His plan is fulfilled for our family, I will continue to taste, bite after bite, of the humbling lessons and delicious love He has for me.

2 comments:
Thanks, Amy, I needed that. Love you!
so beautiful!
Post a Comment