I really needed to find a happy pill yesterday. I mean REALLY needed to. I was just feeling really picked on and tired of being absolutely BROKE. I tried thinking of what I could do to get myself out of this funk and I couldn't come up with anything that didn't involve baking something really sugary and really bad for my waistline.
In desperation I prayed to my Heavenly Father. I pleaded that the promises in the hymn "Count your Blessings"- that says "angels will attend" would be brought to bear in my behalf. I started counting my blessings, family, home, children- starting with H and working my way down. When I got to L.L. Bean, I thanked my Heavenly Father for this sweet little angel, who, with her constant needs, keeps me grounded in motherhood and I love her for it. Just as I was thinking this- I hear her talking in her room. I went in and she just smiled at me with the biggest grin and I realized that just then she was literally my angel. Sent to me to help buoy me up, to remind me of the bigger picture, of what life is really about. She helps me slow down and just be.
And then in the mail, more angels in the family- parents sending us much needed help. Aunts and cousins who so graciously purchase my wares, mothers and sisters who encourage, hug and support. Grandparents who spoil my children and myself. A ward and neighborhood full of real, loving, giving friends and sisters. My cup truly runneth over.
In this trial and experience, I am not alone. The Lord, who watches over us all, sends angels all around us- some unseen, and some of flesh and bone- to provide help, and peace and strength.
How humbled I am to be the recipient of so many good and loving angels in my life.

1 comment:
that was a beautiful post, amy. i am constantly amazed at your graciousness.
Post a Comment