He is so much like my dad, who is the ultimate father in my book, I mean who doesn't feel that way about their dad? I remember a song we would sing when I was little that said "My dad's the strongest guy, and my dad's the bravest guy and my dad's the greatest guy of any guy in town. He can do anything, he'll fix your bike, he'll fly a kite, 'cause my dad, my dad's the greatest guy around." Or something like that. Anyway, I remember thinking that whoever wrote that song must have known my dad, in fact I was sure of it. I just knew that my dad could do anything.
Even now that I'm an adult and I see my dad as human, with failings and imperfections I never saw as a girl, I still know that my dad's the greatest guy around. I don't know what I have done to deserve such a father, but it must have been something great.
And so you see, that as far as blessings go, having such wonderful men in my life ranks right up there. And I will do everything in my power that these young boys grow into the kind of men their grandfathers and father are. 'Cause they can do anything, they'll fix your bike, they'll fly a kite,' and they definitely are the greatest guys around.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

1 comment:
That's funny. That song was running through my head as I tried to think of what to post about dad too.
Nice post, Amy.
Post a Comment