Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Ups and Downs


These photos were taken at the new bike park just opened up in Eagle Mountain. L. had been dying to get over there and try out the new pump track. I was really surprised that H. gave it a go as well. They both loved it until they both crashed. L. got back on and ran the track a few more times, H. decided she'd had enough. As we were walking the bikes back home H. was in tears and said she never wanted to do that again. I told her that she had been having fun, and crashing was part of the learning process- "Then I don't want to do it anymore!" she said. As I thought about further arguments I might use to persuade her, I realized that I really didn't want her to do it anymore ESPECIALLY if my argument that crashing was definitely part of the equation was true. So I said, "Well, then don't, it's fine with me." Funny how our own logic sometimes bites us in the , you know where.


And on a light note, this is crazy hair day, which I have decided is a must document occasion. So here it is, documented.

1 comment:

Karen said...

wow. 2 days in a row! must be a record. Love the pic of crazy hair day!