Friday, June 26, 2009

Clothing the Lily


I really have very few clothes that actually fit me right now. With nursing and everything the options are quite limited. In fact, I was down to only 4 shirts that I could wear with any regularity. I was mentioning this fact to some friends and family, wishing I had means to go out and buy, whatever. Then I went to my sister's house and she produced a shirt that she wondered if I might like. It was purchased by her mother-in-law who didn't really care for how it fit her. My sister didn't LOVE the shirt and decided I might need it more than she did (bless her). I went home and tried it on, and I LOVE IT! It fits me great, it works with the nursing stuff and right then and there I recieved a confirmation that God hears all our needs and that it was really from Him, through the graciousness of others that this particular need was met.
Flash forward a couple of weeks. I had $30 burning a hole in my pocket. L and H (L especially) needed new swimming gear, and with the threat of 90 degree temps in the forecast, we went out to Old Navy. I had a coupon and was ready to hit the sale and clearance racks. I picked out 5 shirts for me from the clearance rack (which BTW was an additional 50% that day), for a total outlay of $10. What a steal! How do you resist $2.00 shirts? But I got home, tried them on, and only 1 fit. At that moment I recognized that my Heavenly Father knows how to dress me better than I know myself.
Now, I'm not saying that I'll never have to shop again (unfortunately, because clothes shopping and me- especially at this weight- never a good thing). But through this small experience, I realized that I don't have to panic every time I get a little cash, it's okay if every cent we earn right now goes to bills, He will provide. He will clothe this lily and all her little lily children. For we are beautiful and precious to Him.
**I just want to add this little disclaimer: The experiences contained and lessons learned in this blog are personal, I hope that by putting them out here for whomever to read, they will provide others with some understanding of what I know and believe, and possibly some hope and reassurance that they are not going through it alone. With much Love, Amy

2 comments:

Karen said...

once again, beautiful words...

love you!

Linds said...

I don't know what to say. I feel like I should know this stuff already and I'm learning it on your blog! I am sorry that I'm not a good sister. I just get wrapped up in my own life. I love you and if there is anything, ever, that you need I hope that you would ask me. Love.