Friday, May 29, 2009

Humble Pie

(here are the kiddos rocking out at Wal-mart; this picture is completely irrelevant to the post, but you need a picture to blog, right?)

I guess we each get our own serving. We have had more than our share in the last few months. How grateful I am for knowledge of a larger plan, of purpose to the challenges.

My mom told me something yesterday that resonated, it's from a book she is reading and it said that we came to Earth to become like our Father in Heaven, not just to return to Him. If all we wanted to do was return to Him, why did we leave in the first place?

As I pondered this thought last night, I wondered, did Heavenly Father go through something like we are now? With struggles and failures and humanness? And whispered in my mind were the words "Of Course."

Through struggles and challenges and devastation and heartbreak- we grow and become and learn, all with the ultimate prize in mind- to know and love and understand as He who knows all and loves perfectly and understands infinitely does.

And so I will pick up my fork, and take another bite.
Yum.

3 comments:

Liz said...

(((hugs))) Amy. Love you!

Karen said...

Very moving. Love you!

The Arandas said...

You give the best posts EVER. I think I will take another bite as well, and maybe even a few more! ha! Hey can you email me your address to bryanaprilaranda@yahoo.com. Thanks and talk to you soon! April