Sunday, August 17, 2008

Sports for a lifetime





Yesterday was H.'s first soccer game. She looked just like a soccer player in her shorts and jersey with her shin guards on. What a cutie. She loved the game. We came home and she asked if we could sign her up for soccer again. I told her if she still liked soccer after this season, we would sign her up again. She said "I want to play soccer for the rest of my life!" I love that she is having fun, and this is exactly the result I want for all of my kids. I'm not looking to raise Olympic champions, or even collegiate stars. I want my kids to love being active and play sports just for the fun of it. I hope that this will continue for all of them, not getting too serious about it, but just loving the game for the fun of it. You go my little soccer star!

2 comments:

Liz said...

It is fun at this age! Ethan is loving it, too. Where are the pics of the soccer star?

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I left my camera at my mom's on Sunday. As soon as I get it back I'll add pics.