Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Grade is HARD!


Okay, so I know that academically it's not the toughest of years, but man- adjusting from 1/2 days (really only 3 hours) to a full day of school has been hard. Last week was H.'s first week of school and wow, we are all tired. The first issue is the time her school starts, which is my fault. I signed her up for the early track which starts at 8 a.m. I figured since all my kids are early risers we should just take advantage of that and get going first thing. Well, this summer my kids, H. in particular actually started sleeping in until 7 and sometimes 7:30. Which I really got used to. We're also used to just hanging out in our p.j.'s until 10 or so every day- I miss that. H. also really misses playing with her friends all day every day. It's been a big adjustment going from two play times during the day to just a couple of hours a day if she's lucky. (with soccer and getting grounded for grumpiness she's actually missed a few days) Needless to say by the time we took this picture on her first Friday of First Grade, we were all exhausted. Hopefully we'll get adjusted and it won't be so hard forever.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Our kindy here is full day minus one hour, so we have gotten a bit of a break on that issue. She's adorable, I love the jack-o-lantern of missing teeth!