Sunday, September 7, 2008

OWWWW!

Okay, So this post is a few days late, but I have had to wait until my arms were fully functional again to type. I went on Thursday to play stake women's volleyball. I got there and was just laughing about not needing knee pads, since REALLY, it's just church ball, right? I kind of silently giggled about asking for good sportsmanship during the prayer, WE ARE GROWN WOMEN PLAYING CHURCH BALL. Is there really a problem with sportsmanship in women's volleyball? I guess there must be because there was a giant poster propped up on the stage with a picture of the Savior and the guidelines for church sports conduct. WOW! I fully expected us to be ridiculous and I NEVER thought I would even get into the game enough to dive for anything. I was wrong!!! Our team ROCKS! We had three hits more often than not and even had one sister on our team with two kills. I totally underestimated my competetive nature and had quite a few deep digs (nobody panic about the baby, I never fully dove for the ball!) enough that I actually wore a hole in the knee of my pants. Umm, yeah. I guess I should have dialed it back on the activity meter. And now, days later, I am still extremely sore. My forearms are bruised and I hurt in muscles I didn't remember I even had. I had a great time and I can't wait until next Thursday to play again. What a blast!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love church volleyball too. We haven't had to have reminders about sportsmanship, but a few reminders about APPROPRIATE DRESS. Yeah, can you say "sports bra and teeny tiny shorts?"

Liz said...

Yeah...we don't do that here. I'm still not sure why people play sports just for fun. I mean, why ruin a perfectly good pair of pants hitting a ball?!?!?!

You know this is all tongue in cheek, right? Love ya!