This is what the bottom of my pantry looks like most of the time. I wanted the kids to have a space for coloring supplies, craft items, etc. But you can see that it sort of took over most of the pantry. Unfortunately, this is also what my counter looked like. Overrun with all my "in progress" projects and stuff.I made a goal at the beginning of the year to try to keep the counter neat and tidy. Following the advice of "The Fly Lady" (google her, she has lots of info) I decided my corner of the counter was a "hot spot" and needed to be attended to more often.
I mentioned my goals to my mom, and a few weeks later she asked me for an update on my "hot spots". I told her that it was difficult since I do nearly all my crafting in the kitchen and I don't want to run up and down to the basement all the time returning and retrieving supplies. She suggested wrangling some space from the pantry and using it to store the projects I am working on at the moment, to make it easier to manage.
I mentioned my goals to my mom, and a few weeks later she asked me for an update on my "hot spots". I told her that it was difficult since I do nearly all my crafting in the kitchen and I don't want to run up and down to the basement all the time returning and retrieving supplies. She suggested wrangling some space from the pantry and using it to store the projects I am working on at the moment, to make it easier to manage.So, I threw away some unused "Swiffer" mops, cleaned out the garbage and organized the kiddo's paraphanalia and voila! my very own little crafting storage corner.
Thank you Mom! I know it's a thankless job being a mother. Even when your children are adults. I know there are many times you wonder if anyone listens to you, or cares about what you say. Well, this is just one small example of how you change my life every day. By your example, your encouragement and your love. So please don't stop. We Are Listening! I love you.


2 comments:
busy girl! Looks good.
such wise posts. everything looks great. pretty proud of my crafty sister!!! love ya.
Post a Comment