
Can you see that L. has no front teeth? He finally lost the second of his top two teeth, and with the bottom already missing a couple, his smile is a sight to see! (a beautiful sight, mind you)
And this lovely darling is my very own L.L. Bean feeding herself a cookie for the very first time. When I gave it to her at first she looked suspiciously at me, not knowing what exactly I was giving her. After the first timid bite however, she clung onto that thing and wouldn't let it out of her grip.
And this lovely darling is my very own L.L. Bean feeding herself a cookie for the very first time. When I gave it to her at first she looked suspiciously at me, not knowing what exactly I was giving her. After the first timid bite however, she clung onto that thing and wouldn't let it out of her grip.If we understood fully what all the twisting and pulling and hurting was for, we wouldn't let opportunities to learn and grow through adversity slip through our hands. We would wrest every last morsel of intelligence, compassion, understanding and faith and testimony out of each and every experience. And if we really understood all that we might become, maybe, just maybe we would even request those experiences to linger just a bit longer so that we might fully learn and grow as much as possible.
But since we don't fully understand, and more especially, since it HURTS, we try to hurry out of these trials. But if we pause, and listen, we can hear the Spirit whisper, "be patient in affliction, it is for your learning, You are NOT alone. Let me help you." I am trying to listen. To hold on. I delivered a 9 lb. 9 oz. baby without an epidural after being induced. I can do this. I think.

No comments:
Post a Comment