Monday, February 15, 2010

Mind-set


It might be hard for most people to think about Halloween in February, but when you live in the world of crafting, you can't start too early. Sometimes the process is enough to make you crazy. So if I seem a little off most days, please just blame it on the need to live in two separate places, the present and sometime off in the future when someone may or may not want to purchase something you have made. I am finding that crafting and attempting to sell what you make is humbling and terrifying. It is hard not to feel personally rejected when a show or boutique goes badly and no one wants to buy what you have to sell. You put your heart and soul into the things you create so you really want people to love it, because then they love you too. I am slowly coming to the place in my real life and my crafting life where I am comfortable with who I am regardless of the opinion or acceptance of others. I think I am pretty nice, I try hard to be a good person, and I think I make some pretty cute stuff. I am trying to own that- in and of myself without needing any outer influence to make it true. It's hard to get there, but I'm working my way to that place. So, if you have a minute- head over to my other blog: amerooniedesigns.blogspot.com and see some of the things I have made. I hope you like them, and I'll try to not feel too badly if you don't. ;)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you for your comment, my dear. I appreciate so much your wisdom and your love. And posts like this.