
All right, I think it's time to bump that last depressing post. We've learned, we've grown, lets move on.
Since budgets are tight (I know, no more money talk) we are trying out new recipes. For some reason I had four boxes of lasagna noodles in my pantry. So I flipped through some recipe books and found this interesting take on lasagna/pizza. Basically you replace the pizza crust with lasagna noodles.
My kids all loved it. So if anyone out there is looking to try something outside the box of hamburger helper (our other stand-by) here's the recipe.
(and I did make up part of this recipe, so I'm taking the credit for the recipe, if not the idea ;) )
Pizza Lasagna
6-8 lasagna noodles cooked (it usually only takes 3 noodles to cover my pan, but if you want to make sure you have enough, cook 4 per layer- hence 8) (you can see why this is the first recipe I've posted)
1 jar pizza sauce
1 c cottage cheese
1 c mozarella cheese
1 egg
pizza toppings (my family is boring and I only used cheese and pepperoni- feel free to go crazy here)
spray your pan with cooking spray (I used a 9 X 13). Put a small amount of pizza sauce in the bottom and spread it around. Layer 3-4 noodles on top of sauce. Mix cottage cheese, mozarella cheese and egg in small bowl. Spread this mixture on top of noodles. you can add a little sauce here if you want. Layer more noodles to cover cheese mixture. Pour the rest of the pizza (or you could use spaghetti sauce) sauce and spread evenly. Add pizza toppings. Bake at 375 for 30 min. just a hint about pepperoni- they shrink when you cook them so if your family loves pepperoni like mine does, don't skimp because it is really obvious when you take it out of the oven! Let the lasagna sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. (if you don't it will be all soupy and look like a terrible disaster- don't ask me how I know)
If you're the really great homemaker we all aspire to be you will serve this with green salad and breadsticks. If you're like me- you'll just give them this and maybe a cut up apple (if you're really channeling your inner "Julia").

1 comment:
Nice. I don't have any lasagna noodles just sitting around, but I'll have to give this a try!
Post a Comment