Saturday, October 2, 2010

Doubting

L.L. Bean holding the tote I made yesterday.
So I don't want to mumble and groan on my craft blog- that's what this one is for ;). But I just need a place to vent all my worries and fears and just get them out of my head. J is very supportive, but I'm trying to show him I can learn to be more confident- so I'll just dump this here and leave it! (hopefully)

I started trying to drive traffic to my craft blog by linking up my posts to "link parties" on other blogs. The very first one I did was my bat pillow and my has it gone gang-busters! In the last month I had over 5,000 page views on my blog!!! That is amazing. So now I am wondering, how do I top that? Or at least match it?

I feel strongly that I need to keep this up. If only to forge my way through all the self doubt and discouragement. I need to work at it. Push myself. Be determined to succeed!

Already I have had some work come from the efforts on my blog. People literally coming to my "front door" asking for me to make things for them. (thank you everyone!!!) I am humbled and grateful for this opportunity to help my little family without having to be outside of my home. I don't even have any boutiques lined up because I'm already so busy- I don't have time to make extras to sell anywhere else.

As I sit here typing this, I feel the spirit whispering to me to keep my head up. Keep moving forward. My life and efforts are pleasing to the Lord and all the doubts and worries are Satan, trying to keep me from reaching my full potential.

Trust His plan for me. His timetable, His path. If I can keep my life in tune- and always put first things first, I will be successful- in the most important work of my life: my family.

So, thanks for letting me work through this, for being there and supporting me. Because if you're reading this blog- it's because you love me. I love you too!

No comments: