Friday, January 29, 2010

updates




Things at our house didn't slow down once Christmas was over. The very next week we celebrated H. being baptized and L.L. Bean's first birthday! (yes I cried) The next week it was J's birthday and now just two weeks later C. is potty training. I believe very strongly in potty training at an older age. (or maybe I'm just lazy and wait until just before he is stigmatized by being in diapers in kindergarten) probably the last one.
Anyway I have been very neglectful of both my blogs and keeping them updated. Part of the problem is that I blogged mostly for J's parents who were living in CA and have since moved just down the street. And the other part is that I'm just not sure where I stand on the whole blogging thing. Yes there is inspiration and motivation and wonderful ideas and capacity to be found in blogland, but maybe it's just me who can sometimes find all that a bit frustrating, discouraging and downright jealous. None of which are very pleasant things and all of which I struggle with in just my own little world, without being exposed to it all over the internet. So I wonder, should I read blogs? Should I write blogs? I love the beauty and the fresh ideas. But can I keep the reality in check and know that Ms. Beautiful Blogger over there most likely doesn't have a life as wonderful as her pictures (and don't even get me started on my shabby picture taking- which is a whole other can of worms). At least not as often and she may lead us to believe? I want to be an influence on the lives of others, to give them hope, insight and maybe a laugh or two along the way. To reveal that life is never as lovely as in magazines (right Martha?) and most often in the middle of urine puddles and sticky fingers you finally discover what matters most- and it's these little loveies who are wreaking havoc on your carpet and your nerves. Will my blogging make a difference in the lives I am able to touch and the joy I might be able to bring to the world? I don't know- I'm still thinking about it.


1 comment:

Karen said...

well, darling, I say blog your little heart out. I think that for people like you and me who don't gloss over the frustrations and hard things it is a good thing. We don't try to put on a show about how great things (and we) are. I think the more people who do that, the better. My own feelings are that if I can share the hard things but still come out with my faith and humor in tact, then maybe someone else who is struggling might find a bit of hope that they can too... But as always, I know you'll make whatever decision is best for you. luv u.