I don't have a picture for today's post. Is that okay? I hope so. I just read an e-mail from my Mom. It has left me feeling pretty sad. My Grandfather has to have surgery on his Carotid Artery (the one in your neck) next week. Chances are good that he will survive the procedure. The surgeon is really confident.
But it has brought the mortality of my Grandpa into sharp focus. He has always been strong, active, bigger than life. This summer he had a stroke. In one moment the Grandfather I had always known was gone. He remembers everything, has the same freedom of movement, but he is weaker, slower, smaller.
In this moment I cling to my faith in Jesus Christ. My testimony of the gospel and my understanding of the plan of Salvation. In this moment I weep for the Grandfather I have lost, but rejoice in the knowledge that he is not gone forever.
There will come a day, when all the shackles of this life have been sloughed off, when my mission and purpose is fulfilled, when I move from this state of being into the next, when I will rejoin my family in bliss and peace. There I will find the man who would take my breath away with tickles, who lifted me up in his arms and who held my hand for hours. And we will find others of our family- Grandmothers, aunts, friends who have gone before and be reunited in peace and love.
In the mean time, I will enjoy my grandfather for who he is now, learn all that he has to teach and listen and love in every moment I get to spend with him. And when his time comes, to leave this earthly plane, I will let him go, until we meet again.
7 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment