Monday, November 10, 2008

My opinion too!

Don't you ever sometimes want to say this to your life and all the obligations you have? I have given myself a cold sore trying to get things ready for my sister's Usborne show, my Usborne show and the two boutiques I have coming up next week. Yes I said two. I know, I'm nuts. I also have PTA board meetings, region volleyball tournaments (go CP15) and 3 very busy kids. Not to mention being great with child. (I'll use this excuse for all it's worth while I can.) My house is a mess, my laundry stinks because I haven't done it yet and there is STUFF everywhere! Not to mention the economic stress we have been under for the last several months- and with Christmas and H.'s birthday rapidly approaching, that stress isn't going anywhere fast. So in the midst of all this turmoil and stress I feel like saying pbbbbttttt. to everything. But before I have the chance to completely throw in the towel (the stinky towel, may I remind you) a loving Heavenly Father sends me just a bit of peace.
I shall call it, the miracle of the tupperware bowl.
I have had a large tupperware bowl since my pre-wedding shower (uh, yeah, I mean bridal shower). And in the last few weeks I have realized that my beloved bowl is nowhere to be found. I am devastated about the loss of this very special bowl. Which isn't really special because of what it is, but because of what it allows me to do. I can't make bread without this bowl, I can't make my quadruple batches of sugar cookies without this bowl. And this bowl would have been very handy when preparing the garbage sack of apples mentioned in an earlier post. I have been racking my brain (what's left of it anyway) trying to remember just exactly what I could have done with this bowl. I came up with nothing. I cannot for the life of me remember where this bowl could be. So I do what I always try to do in situations like this. I take it to my Father in prayer. Now, I know it's just a bowl. But, we are trying to be frugal and I really would like to make some bread and rolls for my family. Not to mention that we can't exactly afford to replace it right now. But I asked that either I could find my bowl, or find a way to replace it- since I really think I need it.
I then decide to let it go for a couple of days and then try to tackle the problem of the bowl again. On Sunday we go up to my mom's to hang out, and when we come home, what is sitting on the corner of my front porch??? The wonderful bowl. I know that it really might sound silly to just about everyone else, but to me this is a miracle. It is a small reassurance that God hears and answers prayers. And even though it doesn't change the circumstances of our life in the big things that are going on right now, it does help me to remember that I am not alone. That all things are in His hands. That there is purpose and meaning in the challenges we are facing in our lives. That He cares enough about me, Amy, to help me get my bowl back. I love my Father in Heaven, and I am so grateful for the littlest of miracles.

3 comments:

Karen said...

LOVE your miracle! That's why it made my grateful list today...

(his name was Keyop, btw) :)

Liz said...

I hear you on the giant tupperware bowl...losing that is major! I am so glad you got it back and thank heaven for all our little miracles.

Penrod Family said...

Great story, and always a good reminder! Hey would you please send me your e-mail address so I can re-invite you, I can not find it for the life of me, thank you!
The party was a huge success. You are such a talented woman. You are an example to me miss. Hang in there and you are welcome to borrow my tupperware bowl anytime you want.