Saturday, November 1, 2008

halloweeney

The kids at the end of the lane, what a picture perfect day.
Heading off to "trick or treat" too bad nobody was home!


Some of the cuzins. They were having so much fun in the leaves and chasing each other around the yard, it's no wonder L. bummed out on trick or treating early.


H. is her own fashion guru. Her favorite look right now is pants under skirts or dresses. (I'm hoping this doesn't fortell some future lifestyle choices- can you say polygamist?) She refused to wear the spiderweb tights she insisted I buy her. And she claims the new black shoes I bought are now too big. So, it's black jeans and hello kitty boots to go with her lovely witch costume. I think she actually looks pretty cute. L. (despite what you might think) is NOT a television, stereo or gray box (well, maybe he is that). He is actually a robot. When I think of all the wonderfully inventive things we COULD have done to the duct taped box to make it look like a robot, I am ashamed that we settled for permanent marker buttons and a gray striped shirt to go underneath. I was all set to spray his hair silvery glitter gray and put makeup on his face, but he asked if he even had to wear the costume at all. I guess it's not his favorite holiday. He did wear it, but a side-effect was that he could not put his two hands together in front of his body. This meant that if someone allowed him to choose his own treat, he could not place said treat into his own bag. His aunt had a giggle after telling him to try to put his treat in his bag knowing that he couldn't. She just wanted to see him try again. I think the box also cut the circulation off from his arms, they started hurting after a while. Sorry buddy, hopefully next year, when I'm not 7 months pregnant we'll do better by you for a costume. C. was batman, and although you can't see it in the photos, he was actually the lesser known batman construction worker superhero. He wore L.'s hard hat around all day. It was pretty funny. He definitely got the gist of trick or treating though. He was hitching a ride in Lind's stroller and I was going to just let him sit there while the kids hit a house or two, but he knew what was at the end of the walk and he was not about to let me get away with jilting him out of any treats. "Trick or treat, trick or treat" hysterically came out of his mouth. So we whisked him out of the stroller and he booked it up to the door to get some of the good stuff. They learn so quickly, sniff.


2 comments:

Karen said...

So funny, Amy! I didn't even think about how he'd get those treats in his poor bag. That, and the fact that he couldn't catch himself when he'd fall! Poor L.

Liz said...

So fun! I love how their personalities show through into their costumes.