Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Apples schmapples

What happens when you spend an ENTIRE day with a garbage sack full of apples?
Well, you get a headache from spending FOREVER on the internet trying to figure out the "RIGHT" way to can apples.
You get FREEZING COLD running to two different neighbors trying to gather all the things you need to use this new found gem of knowledge.

You get cramps in your SHOULDERS from using your handy-dandy apple-peeler-corer-slicer.
You get swollen FEET because you are 7 months pregnant and I am SURE you aren't meant to be on your feet ALL DAY because you are 7 MONTHS PREGNANT.
You get 9 pints of applesauce, 4 quarts of sliced apples, 1/2 of a gallon sized bag of dehydrated apple slices and 1 apple pie.
You also get this:

The messiest, stickiest, dirtiest mess of a kitchen in the known universe. (One that will take days to clean up I am sure.)
You also go to bed at 8:30 pm.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dibs on the dried apples!!!!!

Karen said...

ok - that is weird. the time stamp on the comment is an hour earlier than it actually is. I mean, I'm not a total blog addict - trolling my blog list at all hours! sheesh!

Linds said...

so what is the RIGHT way to can apples? Makes me think you knew I was doing it wrong or something...