Here are our gingerbread houses. These things are the smallest, teeniest, tiniest houses I have ever seen! When I opened the box H. said "the box is actual life size!" (which is ridiculous, since my friend went and bought the same box- from Walmart and hers were twice the size of mine! I know where I'm getting mine next year!)We had fun making them, and I really did like that each child had one of their own to decorate so no fighting over which side of the house was theirs.
I've been trying to do a countdown to Christmas with the kids. It's been pretty simple, and we have missed some days (like most of last week, and today) but I've really enjoyed it. It has things like, "Christmas music reminds us of the joy we feel when we think about Jesus, listen to some Christmas music today" and "Christmas decorations are symbols that remind us about Jesus. Find a Christmas decoration and think about how it can help you think about Jesus."
You kind of get the point- I'm trying to turn the focus away from Santa and gifts and make it about our Savior, the gift that was his life and why it makes us so happy. In very small ways we're having success. But, now that Christmas is next week, I'm having anxiety about whether the kids will be satisfied with the 4 presents they are getting (3 from us, 1 from Santa). Especially since one gift is spiritual, and one gift is clothes? I hope it's a fun day for them and not a complete disappointment. I actually think they will be fine, it's just me that needs to get over it!
Anyway, it's late, and my brain just shut off.

1 comment:
Aww...they are cute mini gingerbread houses! Hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
Post a Comment