7 years ago
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Bravery
i have declared this week a "no WII/no computer" week at our house. I KNOW, meanest mom ever right? and also WOW that's brave. You see my oldest child loves to read, play and uses her imagination constantly (read nightmares). My second child on the other hand only lives to play games- he loves all games including board games and chess, but his absolute love- and how he breathes and sustains his life, apparantly, is through games on the tv or computer. From one moment to the next it is all about the next "fix" of playing. Constantly comes the refrain of "when can I play the WII, when can I play the computer?" Now, I do not think all games are bad. My son has wonderful problem solving skills and hand eye coordination that amazes me, but I fear that his playing (and here I mean the kind of playing we used to do as children) skills have been severely hampered in the process. And with only 2 weeks remaining before said child is thrust into the confines of kindergarten, I thought it necessary to force upon him an intensive course in "how can I entertain myself without access to my electronic life support?" We'll see how it goes, but I am proud to report that it is 8:30 a.m. and my children are outside pretending to be spies right now. progress.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment