So I am still alive, not really living, but still breathing and moving. Ughhhh. At least I have a deadline now, if the baby isn't here before next Wednesday, my wonderful Dr. is going to induce me. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it's nice to know the misery won't last forever.
As far as the happenings at our house:
H. got her ears pierced for her 7th birthday. Man that was expensive! She was very brave and didn't cry or scream or any of the million things I was dreading she would do. After it was done, she sat in the chair and turned white as a ghost, she said "My tummy doesn't feel good" (code at our house for "I'm gonna hurl") and we quickly grabbed the garbage can. But, that soon passed and we went and bought her some cookies at Mrs. Fields and then left the incomparably insane mall (last Saturday before Christmas, I might add) and went to Red Robin to complete the birthday festivities. I must record for posterity that H. had come into my room that morning and told me that she intended to eat the entire massive free birthday dessert from R.R. all by herself without sharing any (as had been previously discussed) because (and this is a literal quote) "for me enough is NEVER enough!" (BTW she did share, and the dessert was great, but we were all stuffed so it had to come home with us.)

Christmas Eve was very fun this year. We were able to just all hang out and spend the evening together. We did a nativity with the kids (mass chaos all around, but wonderful) A Huge thank you to N.'s dad who MADE (with his very own hands) all of the costumes.
After opening the traditional gift of P.J.'s from Grandma B. the kids all changed and the obligatory photo was taken. (C. didn't know it was obligatory and hence tried desperately to get out of being in it).
Having previously had my meltdown (before the party at L.'s) which included bawling my eyes out, slamming doors and having my children look horrified at this crazy, giaganticly pregnant ranting version of their mother. I was able to settle down with J. on the couch, wrap presents and get to bed for the morning.

After opening the traditional gift of P.J.'s from Grandma B. the kids all changed and the obligatory photo was taken. (C. didn't know it was obligatory and hence tried desperately to get out of being in it).
Having previously had my meltdown (before the party at L.'s) which included bawling my eyes out, slamming doors and having my children look horrified at this crazy, giaganticly pregnant ranting version of their mother. I was able to settle down with J. on the couch, wrap presents and get to bed for the morning.
Christmas morning was wonderful, we ended up just staying home for the entire day (something I have never done in Utah before). The kids enjoyed playing with their toys, I enjoyed my nap and we simply enjoyed each other. Merry Christmas.

3 comments:
Glad you managed the update! Hopefully that baby will get here soon!
I can't wait to hear about the new baby! I'm glad your Christmas was so great and I'm so sorry you are feeling so miserable! Hang in there!
finally an update! can't wait to meet the little one!
Post a Comment