Thursday, April 22, 2010

Randomness

I haven't posted regularly on this blog at all. I try to get on the computer, but some days it just doesn't happen. And personally, I like to have pictures on my posts, so I think if I don't have new pics, I don't have anything new to say. There's no logic to this so just humor me.

But I have decided that one thing I would like to do on this blog, is to share my joy. To remind myself of things that make me happy and to rejoice in the triumphs and not get bogged down in the everyday. Maybe if I have a record of these things, I will have something to go to when the days are long and wearying.

My JOYS (today):
Getting to the Temple with my husband this week. It's been a LONG time (which is a long story) but we made it and it was wonderful.

Parents who sacrifice for their children. My parents for giving us guidance and a shoulder to look over at the Temple. and Jeff's parents for watching the children for us so we could get there.

C. who calls the button on his pants his "belly button". When he comes out of the bathroom he asks, "Mom, can you help me with my belly button?" Love This!

L.L. Bean who smiles and gets into everything, but who loves to carry around purses and put things in them.

L. who said to me this morning "You are a great Mom!" Love when your 6 year old boy loves you.

H. who despite battling with me over almost everything, loves to be loved. And even though she's a big 8 year old, she still wants her mom to hold her and sit with her. I think she just wants to know she will always have a safe place. I'm trying hard to make sure she knows that.

My annuals, which my sister reminded me I was very brave to plant this early. I'm hoping they will make it through the spring.

Smiling. A little thing that makes a huge difference. When I think about what my face looks like, I always try to make sure I'm smiling. When I smile, I'm happy.

One clean bathroom. I had grand plans for today, and what I would accomplish, but one clean bathroom is as far as I got. I love that it got done, and I love that I have four little ones at home, who keep me from getting more accomplished. Loving them is my job right now. It's full time, but I wouldn't trade it. I know this time will pass all too quickly and I'm trying to just enjoy.

So many Joys, so much to be happy about.

Now, to get something made for dinner.....

2 comments:

Karen said...

I needed this reminder to look for the joy.

I'm going to follow your example and have at least one day per week that I post about the happys that I have had that day/week.

Liz said...

I'm the same way with feeling like I need pictures to post!! :)
I love your JOY, it makes me smile!