
L.L. bean is 6 months old now! I can't even believe it. My friend just had a new baby last week, and in my "I can't believe we aren't ever having another baby"- moment my heart just ached. Then I went and saw a peek of the beautiful baby and realized- "I am so glad to be past the brand new baby phase, because I just LOVE the six month old stage!" Sometimes it's nice to realize that you are happy just where you are in life.On a similar note- I just wanted to share a random passing thought. I found out that a friend of mine was also going to begin selling totes bags, although online. Now, those of you who know me, know that I am just a little competetive (I know, you're saying...You? Competetive?.....Oh yeah) and my initial reaction was "are mine better? what if she sells more than me? what if she takes some of my market?" But then I realized two things- one, I am selling tote bags faster than I can make them, and I am just as busy as I want to be at this stage in my life; and two, that there is not a finite amount of resources to go around when you involve the Lord in your life and what you are doing. And if He is in control then I will have what I need, regardless of what she is doing and helping her will in no way take away from me or my family. I guess what I'm saying is the natural laws of marketing and economics don't apply here. If it's all the Lord's (and it is) then He has enough for me and for her. This was a huge realization for me, because it lets me relax and turn all of that over to the Lord, who knows better than I was is best for me and my family. My job is to work hard and do my best and He will make up the rest, what better business partner could I ask for?

No comments:
Post a Comment